Monday, October 24, 2011

Messy Mondays

Why are Mondays so messy?

The entire family seems to take a vacation over the weekend, leaving the mess for the cleaning staff- which is me. My own fault, really- I was too busy folding laundry this morning to go downstairs and make sure all the mess-makers had straightened up before going to work and school. I came down to...chaos. And I bet if I yell at any of them about it when they get home, I'll hear a chorus of 'What mess?', since most of it will be taken care of.

Except for the 'hot spots'- those places where no matter how much you clean it off, it gets piled with stuff. Like the kitchen sink, the counters, the kitchen table, the computer desk, the floors, walls, windows and ceilings. All but those hot spots. The rest I clean myself. It takes me all week!

This is basically what my week looks like (and possibly yours):

Monday is Messy Day- the messiest day of the week.
Tuesday is Tornado Day- since that's my day off from the gym, I usually get the most cleaning done, but it still looks like a tornado hit the place and took all the good stuff.
Wednesday is Wonder Day- because it's a wonder I get anything done with cleaning, chores and my To-Do list.
Thursday is Thank-God-I'm-Almost-Done Day- this is when the house starts to look like people live here and not wild baboons.
Friday is Fabulous Day- the house is clean enough for company, as long as they aren't cleaning snobs. They only get invited once a year, during the holidays. The cats are unhappy that I picked up or tossed out all their playthings like empty, ripped-up boxes, shredded things that used to be cat toys, or socks and shirts they would hide under.
Saturday is Sabotage Day- all things concerning cleaning are ignored to go out and have fun. But the gnomes, seeing the house is empty, trash the place while we're out. I think the cats are working for them, so they have more toys.
Sunday is a Day of Rest- or it's supposed to be! I still have to cook and do dishes most of the time, and if my husband cooks, every pot and pan in the house is used and are abandoned in a pile to become fossilized for Monday.

If this is anything like your week, we need to get together for tea and have a chat. But only come on Friday, please. I might find my tea by then. Maybe.



0 comments:

Post a Comment