Saturday, December 17, 2011

I Am a Tiger!

I've been reading a book called Change (Almost) Anything In 21 Days, and I must say, though I've had little time to read, what I've read so far has really touched me in some fantastic ways. I thought I'd share some of them with you!

The basic idea of the book is making an affirmation for 21 days by writing it ten times a day. Okay, so I haven't written anything down yet (only because I haven't narrowed my bazillion affirmations to one or two), but I have tried another way, and that's singing/chanting it to myself whenever I walk home from my daughter's school or the gym. Like the book suggests, I kept it simple:

I can do anything; I am confident.

I know it sounds a little silly (after all I won't be a rocket scientist, or a veterinary surgeon in my near future), but the premise is a sound one- I can do anything I set my mind to, and I can do it because I am confident in my abilities. Just doing this little chant every day has done wonders for my self-esteem.

The book also states that being grateful for what God has provided puts you in a more positive mindset. So I make sure I take time out each day to thank God for anything I can think of.

Today, when I read page 34, a story popped out at me and just about slapped me silly. This is what I wanted to share with you today.

A man walked through a forest and saw a fox that had lost it's legs and wondered how it lived. Then he saw a tiger come up with game in it's mouth. The tiger ate it's fill and left the rest of the meat for the fox.
The next day God fed the fox by means of the same tiger. The man began to wonder about God's greatness and said to himself, 'I too shall just rest in the corner with full trust in the Lord and He will provide me with all that I need.'
He did this for many days, but nothing happened. He was almost at death's door when he heard a voice say, 'Oh you who are on the path of error, open your eyes to the truth! Stop imitating the disabled fox and follow the example of the tiger!'

Wow. In all this time, I had no idea I was acting like the fox. I only started emulating the tiger this past week, and that was before I read this. God is so awesomely cool!

How many people do you know who emulate the fox? I know of more than a few, myself included. But how many people do you know who are tigers? And the biggest question of all is this; Which one are you?

Me? I'm a tiger! GROWL!

1 comments:

Marcia said...

Whoo-hoo!
I admit I too have been acting like a fox....thanks for awakening the tiger!

Post a Comment