Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I Forget What I Forgot!

Good grief- is this Tuesday?

Did you ever forget something so bad that you never even realized you forgot it until the next morning?

Like that doctor's appointment, or you were supposed to take the car in for repairs....or you forgot to make your weekly blog post.

Oh yeah, it happened. The worst part is I didn't even remember to post until now, and it's almost dinner time!

*swats forehead*

I think my brain is shutting down. How could I possibly forget to make a blog post? I've done this for years without missing a beat! In fact, the only times I've missed it was due to being too sick to blink, or my computer crashed. That's it.

Even as I write this, my heart is pounding. What could possibly be wrong with me that I forgot such an important weekly routine?

The holidays are over. The decorations are put away. My birthday was celebrated (awesomely so- I'll tell you in my next post- probably a month from now...sheesh!). Everything is now back to its normal, chaotic state. 

Granted, I have a slight cold and I have a lot of writing deadlines, including Ruby for Women magazine's articles, columns, interviews and puzzles that are due, I got a one-time writing gig that actually pays good fundage, and I just started formatting my book for self-publication, and my daughter had been sick, and I'm making dinner, and the window guy is coming for an estimate, and, and, and....

Oh. That is a lot to be remembering, isn't it? Maybe my brain isn't dying after all. It just needs a nap.

I sincerely hope you're not having this kind of experience. But if you are, know that I'm there for you to assure you that you aren't losing your mind. We forget things because we are multi-taskers. Even a juggler can handle so many objects, and it's like we're juggling a bowling ball, twenty pineapples and a chainsaw sometimes. 

If you're like me, here's what you have to do:

Take a deep breath, forgive yourself and move on. Then make that blog post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment