Monday, January 4, 2016

Change of Years- Switching Gears

Life is funny. And weird.

Last year at this time, I was fighting the same demons- getting books written and published, and losing weight. 
Two books are polished (and I thought they were done), but still need a little tweaking. The children's book doesn't need much more than an illustrator. Not done, but on the way.
As for losing weight? This is a win-lose situation, because I did lose almost fifty pounds, but gained almost half of it back. I won because I still lost twenty-five pounds, but I lost (or is that gained?) because it could have been forty eight. It still counts though!

It's time to reevaluate. Some gears need greasing, and some need to be changed out. A few need to be put in a box for a while until I'm ready to use them!

The gears that need greasing are the ones concerning weight loss and the books. If I can get one book out this year, that would be great! And another twenty five pound loss (or more) would also be very, very welcome.

The gears that need changing out concern working. Some jobs just don't pay as well or are as consistent as others, and I have to make some serious decisions- though I admit, one of them doesn't seem all that serious- since I'm considering becoming a face-painting clown.

Yes, you heard me! Funny and weird, all rolled into one curly purple wig.

I'm also looking into specializing in one craft and starting a real online business. My crafting focus has been too diverse; I've been watching coaching videos and talking to people to help me narrow the fields down to one. Right now I'm deciding among four choices: fabric fashions (aka scarves), totes and bags, home dec sewing, or paper crafting. Talk about switching gears!

The only gear I'm not touching is the one steady driving job. That will help support everything else until I can get the fabric/paper rolling! I have no idea how long it will last, but it's very steady at the moment, so for now, all is good.

It's time to make some changes and stop sitting on my duff, imagining my way to success. I don't know about you, but going out and doing it scares the bejeebers out of me!

It's time to do something. About my weight. About the debt. About how I work. It's time to get myself out there in the business and book world, and let God's light shine through me! Who's with me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment