Monday, February 15, 2016

When Life Thorws You Lemons, Make Pie!

Last week I was feeling pretty secure. Finances were starting to level out- in fact some debt was supposed be paid by the end of next month. I had four jobs that played nicely with each other (which in itself was a miracle), and things started looking up.

Then it happened. One of my bosses called and stopped the afternoon regular driving due to client non-payment. My entire weekly afternoon schedule was now open and my salary deeply slashed- at least until the client made good on the contract.

I'm not going to hold my water waiting for the job to resume.

My brain went into overdrive. I had to figure out a way to make up for the funds I would lose! After a lot of brainstorming, I concluded that I can pull it off working more hours on the first driving job; it's flexible enough that I can log on until I attain my goals, and log off to make dinner, emergencies, or do whatever my family needs.

When life throws you lemons, you take a bat, hit those suckers against the kitchen wall into a bowl, and make pie! Lemonade is too easy.

I'm not sure if this is a blessing in disguise or not, but I refuse to see it as an impossible barrier. I'll dig under, go around, or fly over it in order to make my goals if I have to. 

With God beside me, nothing is impossible!

As for the pie? That's a blessing that I'm sharing right now with you besties, offline friends, and family, in case you're going through something similar- a little lemon goes a long way.

Like the bread and fishes thing, just tastier.

So grab a fork and a strainer and get ready to make some pie- for when life throws you lemons, you want the juicy goodness, not the bitter seeds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment