Monday, January 27, 2014

When the Devil Jumps with Both Feet

It's been a rough few weeks.

There's a lot going on, and not all of it was good. In fact, most of it wasn't. It seems as if the Devil is jumping on me with both feet. He's been jumping on a lot of people lately. Maybe he's been jumping on you too.

Do you want to know why? Because God is about to do something awesome for us, and the Devil is scared!

He wants us to think God turned His back, that God isn't there for us, and that God isn't going to help- when in fact (if we ignore the little demon and his antics), God is working on something so fantastic that when it happens it will completely blow our minds!

God knows it, the Devil knows it, but because we don't know it, Satan takes matters into his own hands and tries to make our lives miserable so we are the ones that turn away from God- not the other way around.

A friend of mine is also going through some trials when God whispered this little gem of wisdom into my ear. I placed a reassuring hand on her arm and said, "Do you realize that God must be working on something fantastic for us for the Devil to be this agitated?"

That made her smile. It made me smile too!

There's no way I'm going to take the credit for this bit of wisdom- I'm not that wise. Wise cracking, but not always wise. Just ask my family- they know better.

I'm so very glad He whispered that to me. It changed my entire perspective about what I'm going through. I wanted to share this with you so if (or when) you're going through something of your own, you can think of this post and be reminded that the harder Satan jumps, the bigger the blessing in the end- we just can't see it yet.

God bless!

0 comments:

Post a Comment