Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Vaccination Vexes

Here in Philadelphia, they're starting to pass more restrictions on allowing kids into school who are not immunized. In fact, I heard on the news that if the kids aren't proven immunized by April 30th, they'll be sent home until they are. I'd signed an exemption form a few years back, but I'm not sure if it still covers my kids- I'm looking into it as we speak.
But that got me to thinking- when will they start passing more laws restricting the exemptions? When will I lose the right to stop the government putting Lord-Knows-What into my kids bodies? I looked at the chemicals used in those vaccinations, and it was scary- and it seems the more kids are forced to get them, the more they get sick.
I really don't like the government dictating what I can and can't do concerning my kids health. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. 
Would you put duct tape on your brand new car bumper in case it might fall off one day? No, you get it fixed when it does fall off. The funny thing is in the schools they attend, my kids get blamed for being carriers and actually spreading sicknesses.

Horseturds!

Let me give an example:

My kids were fine the entire weekend. No one in the house was sick, and we all stayed inside due to bad weather. The kids were not exposed to anyone else but us, and go back to school healthy and happy. 
They have no other contact with anyone except school kids, and they come home within a day or two, sick- yet my kids are the carriers? I think not!
In fact, my kids were out of school due to sickness less than three days- for the entire school year. I hear the other moms talking, and the more they get their kids shots, the sicker they seem to be; yet no one seems to make the connection.

So let me ask you this- if these shots are so wonderful, why does the government have a fund to cover 'permanent damages' from reactions to these vaccines? And the side effects aren't pretty either- the more serious ones are deafness and death. Death, to prevent something my kids don't even have? No, thank you!

Even these new shots are causing all kind of havoc within our bodies. And when you look at the side effects, the cure is sometimes worse than the disease! Yet we are told over and over again that we need to have these vaccinations in order to be healthier. I beg to differ. They even have them available in places we regularly frequent, like big chain stores and supermarkets. Not the first place I would think to get proper health care! I don't want someone to shoot me with a needle at the same place I get my milk and bread- you know what I mean?

And let's take a look at our futures, shall we? Those that have been immunized as children (like us) against chicken pox, measles and the like, now have to get a booster shot because the so-called immunity wore off- and get this- we are now more susceptible to these childhood diseases! Except that now as adults, if we get the chicken pox, measles or any of the others, there's a better possibility of serious illness or death. But if we got these diseases as kids, not only would it have been a milder case (in which you would be treated medically after you got it anyway), we would be permanently immunized naturally by or own bodies!

Which sounds better to you? A little sick as a kid, or a lot sick as an adult? And if people were immunized for this stuff, why are people still getting these same diseases? I don't have all the data, but I bet you more than one person who had gotten their immunizations got afflicted anyway- it's just worse now because they're adults.

Maybe our grandmothers had the right idea after all- when one kid got the chicken pox, everyone would send their kids to that child's house to also get it- and be done with it. Get it, get it treated, get naturally immune and never have to worry about getting anymore shots for it ever again. Sounds good to me! Better a one-time event than a series of what-ifs with chemicals we don't need floating about our bloodstreams!

Simply put- if it ain't broke, stop trying to fix it! All we're doing is putting duct tape on a new car bumper- it doesn't help the bumper, and messes up the finish!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? Your kids are coming home with measles? rubella? whooping cough? polio? Schools aren't removing children for not getting a flu shot. If you don't want "intrusive" government health and safety policies enforced to protect our school children and school employees, perhaps you should consider teaching your kids at home.

Beth Brubaker said...

I know kids aren't being sent home for not getting the flu shot- but children ARE reacting to the vaccines that are supposed to be making them healthier- which was my point.
And yes, I actually AM considering home schooling- but that doesn't mean I still don't have to sign an exemption form to get my kids into cyber school. Little House On The Prairie I ain't!

And please don't sign your name Anonymous- I like to know who my readers are, even if they disagree with me! ;)

Janette said...

Beth, I agree with you and I disagree at the same time. Are we not thankful that vaccines have practically eradicated such diseases as polio and small pox? However, I agree that we are weaker because we prevent so much illness.

Beth Brubaker said...

@Janette

I don't have a problem with the eradication of such diseases, but they weren't truly eradicated if we're still getting them! That's what I'm trying to convey- when the cure is better than the actual disease (without the dire side effects), then I'd get them the shots- but it isn't, and they aren't. :)
I am not against medicine when needed- I just feel they put so many of these shots into our children they don't have a chance at developing natural defenses.

Post a Comment