Monday, March 10, 2014

Christian Kitties

I never knew my cats were Christians!

After a bad day I slumped on the couch, wondering if I would ever get through the trials laid before me. After, all, how could I not worry? Nothing went right, and in many of the situations, I couldn't do anything to fix when was wrong. My sigh was deep and forlorn.

Then along came Boo-Boo and his littermate, Scootch. And they wanted my attention.

"What are you so worried about?" they seemed to say as rears arched under my scratches, tails quivering with delight as I hit all the good itchy spots. "Just relax, enjoy petting us, and take a nap in the sun. There is nothing to worry about, silly human! Our needs will be handled by someone bigger than us. Okay, you can stop now."
Then they both went off in search of a sunny spot for that nap. I considered joining them, but I didn't fit on the sill.

Maybe I should take my cues from the cats- they never worry about anything. Their needs (and scratches) are provided for by me, and my needs are provided for by God. So what am I worrying about anyway?

But that doesn't mean I'm going to sit back and do nothing. I'll do what I can and let God do the rest. Maybe that's why God gave these cats to this dog person in the first place. You can learn a totally new perspective on God.

As for my back scratches? That's why God gave me a husband!

0 comments:

Post a Comment