Thursday, July 26, 2012

Intolerance- Thy Name Is...Misconstrued

Chic-Fil-A has been getting a lot of flak about their stand on heterosexual marriage. Gay rights activists are shouting about the company's intolerance and plan rallies and 'kiss-ins' in protest. I don't get it.

Intolerance means something won't be tolerated. Did Chic-Fil-A state they wouldn't allow gays to eat there? No. Have they gotten all of their employees together and rallied at the local gay support groups to protest? No. All they said was they support a man-woman marriage. They never said 'We Hate Gays'. Sounds to me like the ones who are suffering from intolerance are the very ones making these claims against the Christian-based company. Again, I don't get it.

They want the right of free speech. They want the right to their beliefs. They want to be able to promote their opinions (and their businesses opinions) the way they see fit- yet when someone else does the same thing- and it's against their own opinion- there is a great cry of 'Intolerance!' and they rally around the so-called offender until they see things their way.

Sorry, but that's bullying. Chic-Fil-A is not the one doing the wrong thing here. Those who are fighting Chic-Fil-A are the ones who show the most intolerance. Bullying is not accepted in our schools, so why is this type of behavior acceptable in society?

I encourage you who are supportive of a man-woman marriage to go to Chic-Fil-A and show your support- even if you can only afford the one dollar ice cream cone. Let them know that you're there for them, and you believe in a biblical marriage too. Write to the company president and tell him. Blog it. Facebook it. Share this post. Do what you can against this bullying that's being misconstrued as intolerance.

They are allowed their opinions, but by God's Will, so are we- and it's time to let them know we are done being bullied about our beliefs.

And to those at Chic-Fil-A...Don't let the bullies win!

6 comments:

Lisa Maria said...

I have always admired the Chic-Fil A people. Their convictions are so inspiring (like refusing to open on the Lord's Day, even if it means they lose business) Wish I lived in your country so I could support them. I agree with you...freedom of speech is always touted until someone says what the majority don't like to hear...that IS bullying! To the Chic-Fil A people...more power to you!

The Crazy Cat Lady said...

I'll definitely be there! Thanks for the encouraging post, Beth!

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,

I read your post with an open mind because it wasn't in the attack mode as some of the others I've seen recently from both sides of this heated issue. What's disheartening is to not see anyone in the Christian community take a stand that it's just as wrong as well to post such a mean-spirited Wall Photo as below. In my opinion, it doesn't define ones' true character by being conservative as more "cleaner" than a liberal is such a sad statement. In my heart, it couldn't possibly be how God wants us to treat one another as kind, loving human beings.


"We're now CLEANER and more DRUGFREE than ever before, thanks to the recent liberal boycott. You can dine here safely knowing liberals are eating some place else."

Fuzzball said...

Why do you have a picture of an upside down baby in the mud?

Beth Brubaker said...

@Fuzzball

I have no idea what you're talking about- I have no pics posted to this post. :(

FB has been putting ads below people's posts, and I am NOT responsible for those (and some are quite tasteless!) I have no idea what link you clicked on, but I have no such pics on my site. Sorry for whatever it was you saw- I have no control over it.

Ugochi said...

Hi Beth!
Thanks for being so bold! You have been an inspiration. I sure do believe in the truth, even animals know that it is male to female, so I know marriage is between a man and a woman.
I just nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award! I believe you deserve it. You can go pick it up here:
http://www.ugochi-jolomi.com/2012/08/another-award.html
Congratulations and God bless!

Post a Comment