Monday, July 20, 2015

The Irony in Chaos!

I. Am. Insane.

It's one week before the writer's conference. I'm providing snacks for the faculty. I'm also a faculty member, taking appointments during the conference for Ruby for Women Magazine, as I'm Assistant Editor. I'm also an attendee, and have scheduled classes and appointments for myself as well.

This week? I'm baking cookies, breads and cakes for the faculty. In ninety-five degree heat.

I'm sewing tote bags and making paper jewelry to display for sale at the conference.

My editor is staying with me (which is a great, wonderful, fantastic thing!) and my house looks like the dust bunnies won the war.

And our back-up fridge died yesterday. The one that held foods I wanted to chill for the conference and our church picnic, which is the week after the conference.

I'm also out of butter for the cookies I was supposed to be baking this morning.

But I think the most ironic thing about all of this is I'm grinning like an idiot because God is just so darned good, I know everything will work itself out. The only thing I'm worries about at this point is if the staff will like my baking!

And no, I'm not telling you what I'm making- because some of you are attending the conference. Nanny nanny boo-boo- be surprised when you get there. Heh.

Oh, the irony in chaos!

Who bakes in ninety-five degree heat? Who is also insane enough to bake, sew, craft, and still manage to write and study up on the editors, agents, and publishers I'll be meeting? Who can blog, shop, and still manage to clean the house while doing all that other stuff?

I don't want it to be me- but it is. I even did my Monday morning workout this morning- I'm a lunatic, I tell you!

I might not get everything done, but the important stuff will be completed before Conference Day. Because God has my back and will give me the strength I need...right God?

And since You're listening Lord, I could sure use another back-up fridge. And a nap.

Yes, this week is crazy, and so am I. But I'm calm. I feel at peace with the world, despite the chaos. And you know that's not my doing- it's all God.

I have to get back to baking/shopping/sewing/everything, but I wanted to let you know the God can load up your chaos with an ironic peace too- just ask Him for it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment