Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Who Is the Craftsman?

I was listening to KLOVE radio the other day, and heard this little bit of wisdom:

'You're the project- not the Craftsman!'

Wow- my mind was blown! As a creative person, I completely understood what this meant, and it hit me right in the heart. How many times did I try to take the tools out of God's hands and try to work on...myself?

That's like a veterinarian doing his own kidney transplant- Yes, he might have an idea as to what to do, but he's better off getting someone to do it who knows exactly what he's doing. God knows where I need fixing and what to leave alone for the moment, so what business do I have taking over?

I'm the project- not the Craftsman!

Sometimes I like to tell God what to do when He's fixing me. "Wouldn't you rather do this instead of that?" I ask. And "I think this is more important than that- can't You work on this first?" Oh, He loves it when I interrupt with my nonsense! When I get particularly pesty, He usually tosses me into a situation to distract me so He can get His work done. I think that's why I get into trouble so much- I'm too busy telling the Craftsman how to do His job!

Let's think about this from a different perspective. You're good at something. Now, you're busy doing it, and the person for whom you're doing it comes in and starts telling you how to do it- yet they have no clue what the process is in making what you're creating. You know if you do it his way, he'll ruin said project. Wouldn't you get annoyed at that person and try to find something to distract him?

Oh yeah- God distracts me a lot.

He's the Craftsman. I'm not His apprentice, His hammer, or even His chisel. I'm the project He's perfecting. A very chatty, pesty project. But He still loves me. 

All I have to do is let Him finish His work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment