Monday, February 4, 2013

Brain and Body Burnout!

Lots to do, lots to do! And there never seems to be enough hours in the day! It's not so much about 'finding the time' any longer, but 'How can I do everything I need to do in the time given me'?

Life is like those lyrics in Lion King- there's more to do than can ever be done- so why are we constantly trying to do it all?

It's like watching someone watering a creek, or dusting a dirt path- are those tasks really necessary? And what creeks have we been watering lately?

These are the questions you ask yourself when your brain begins to smoke, and your body is burned out. I could cure a ham with the brain-smoke I've been emitting lately! And my body is more shot that the chassis in the show Overhaulin'. I can just see the crew looking me over and saying..'Yup, this body is definitely sprung.'

It's times like these I have to force myself to relax and re-think what I'm doing, before something dreadful happens- like I give my kids permission to go hold up a bank without realizing it.

Sometimes life knocks us over like a ram on a roller coaster- were so involved in 'getting things done' that we forget that we need to shut down once in a while to keep running right. Either that or we ignore the engine light on our souls and wind up leaking oil at an inopportune time. 

And I know I've leaked oil when I shouldn't have. Haven't you?

I know I have too many irons in the fire. I also know I have a choice- either take an iron or three out, or spend less time tending to them so I can recharge and focus. For me, the latter is the better choice, but maybe your life is different and you can remove a few irons. This isn't a 'my way or the highway' kind of thing, it's more like a 'freedom of choice before you explode' kind of thing. The kind of thing that will allow you to rest, and maybe keep you from going on a ranting spree! Not that I would ever know about that.

There will always be lots to do- it will never end. But your sanity, focus and energy will end if you don't step back and take a breath. Remember, breathing is a good thing- especially when you're near chocolate!

0 comments:

Post a Comment