Monday, March 23, 2015

Hot Flash News Flash

Spring has sprung,
The grass has riz,
I wonder where
My hot flash is?

I've spoken to a lot of women over the winter and heard many say the same thing. "Wow this winter, my hot flashes were gone!"

No, they weren't ladies- don't let the winter weather fool you! I know what really happened.

We still had hot flashes- they were just disguised as being comfortable. The temperatures were so cold, that when the hot flashes happened, we stopped freezing to death and just felt...warm.

And in the winter, warm is good.

Now the temperatures are rising and I'm not sleeping in a cold room, I had to tear the covers from my steaming form more than once during the night. The cool air felt wonderful, and I was able to get back to sleep- until the hot flash ended and I had to cover myself up again, lest I become an ice cube.

Hot flashes didn't come back- they never left. We were just too cold to notice them.

Pretty soon we'll have to break out the marshmallows and weenies so the kids can have a cookout over my head, but until then, I'm going to enjoy the cooler weather while I still can.

I just hope I don't wake my husband with my "Blanket Toss Olympics" every night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment