Monday, March 9, 2015

Let the Sin Shine Through

We've all done some pretty dumb and sinful things in our lives. Especially me.

I'm a sinner. So is everyone else on the planet. The question is, what do we do with that sin?

Are you fighting it right now?
Are you conquering it?
Have you kicked a sin to the curb?
Are you doing all three of these things?

I am! Some of us have more than one sin. Some of us have a have a ton of 'em. And when I say 'us', I mean 'me'.

For instance, I dealt with a lot of sexual sin in my past. I kicked that to the curb.
I'm conquering the sin of gluttony.
Yet I'm constantly fighting the sin of sloth- at least when it comes to time-management and playing games on the computer.

And those are only my top three on the list!

But what can I do with all this sinny wonderfulness? Teach and learn, that's what.
I can teach those that are in the throes of sexual sin how I stopped. I can support others in their fight against gluttony while they also support me. And I can learn from others who have managed their time well so I can improve- though I admit many times those lessons are on the internet- the struggle continues as I write important points down to go over later.

Sin is the bad stuff we fought and continue to fight each day. Everyone has it, everyone hides it. You'd be surprised how many people you know are going through sin trials without you knowing it. But if you let your own sin shine through a little, people who have gone through the same thing will come to you to help you out or to learn from you.

Talk to God. You can vent and tell Him everything, because He already knows. He can guide you on just how much of your sin you should reveal to people. Don't grab a soap box and run to the nearest square yelling "Let me tell you about all of my sins!" (you could, but I don't recommend it) but go where people seek help for the same sin and let a little of that sin shine through. If no one sees it brought to light, no one can help you get through it!

I talked with friends about some of my sins and they helped me defeat some of them, When they couldn't help me with gluttony, I went to a nutritionist. Now I'm on track to beating that sin. Friends, my husband and my Facebook buddies help me with my sloth by encouraging me to keep exercising.

It isn't easy- not by a long shot- but it's much easier when you have a real desire to change in your heart. And that's when you can bring that sin out into the light- even if it's a little bit at a time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment